Sending 1GB, 8GB and more: reduce the size of your files to transfer them
them, the size of the files should not be too large. You must therefore ensure that your files are not too large to send.
How to reduce the size of your shipments by several GB easily?
The maximum attachment size for the major email clients ranges from 5MB to 25MB. This may be adequate for sending some documents, videos and photos, but it is clearly insufficient if you intend to attach several files such as an image album, large movies and heavy PDFs.
The files that are most often attached to an e-mail and take up the most memory are images, videos and PDF documents. Let's see how to significantly reduce their size.
Reduce the size of PDF files
The PDF format is one of the best known and currently used as a form of storage and for its practicality in the presentation of documents, thanks to the fact that in this way the content of the file is not modified or disordered.
How can you reduce the size of a PDF file for free?
You can save your file as a smaller PDF by doing the following. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat allows you to save a PDF as a smaller file by selecting File, Save as Other, and then Reduced Size PDF from the File menu. After clicking OK to save, you will be prompted to choose the version compatibility you need.
How to compress a large PDF file?
Right click on the PDF file in the folder and select compress. The "Send to" option will appear when you select the compressed (zipped) folder. Although one PDF document may not be the same as another, Winzip can reduce its size by up to 20%.
Reduce the size of an MP4 file
- Zip files can contain compressed videos created by converting them into zip files...
- You can download a video in a lower quality if you wish...
- Ephemeral file transfer services are a great way to save space...
- You can share a video link without downloading it.
- You can make a GIF.
Reduce the size of JPEGs
- When scanning a file in image format (JPEG), set the resolution to the lowest setting (72 PPP).
- You can also reduce the edges of the image and keep only the essentials.
- Finally, you can reduce the quality of the image in the built-in tool to reduce its size.
Reduce the size of DOCs
- Don't put any unnecessary graphics, just keep the text.
- Save your file in the latest version of Microsoft Word.
- Save your document in PDF format (often less voluminous).